-
August 29th, 2005, 05:41 AM
#1
Evette
Guest
~AMERICAN GIRL~Felicity Doll~GERMANY 1986 w/ RED Hair~ Item number:
Saw this on Ebay tonight..is it good?
*edited because this item is on the wishlist sticky.
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ August 30, 2005 11:01 AM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>
-
August 29th, 2005, 01:23 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Yes, her hair color looks about right. Hard to tell with that horrible lighting in the pictures, though.
-
August 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM
#3
AmericanGirlLover2982
Guest
She looks good, to me , if her tag says 1986, that means she is one of the orginal Felicity's that was surpose to come out when Samantha, Kristen, and Molly came out in 1986, when Felicity was origanally surpose to be one of the orginal 4 coming out but instead only 3 came out. She is a prototype used in 1991 but was actually made in 1986 and released in 1991. She is a orginal Pleasent Company Release. One her of orginal creations. Go for it! Bid on her! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
August 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
From what other posts have said, I thought that the year on the tag just commemorates the year that Pleasant Company started.
-
August 29th, 2005, 05:35 PM
#5
Inactive Member
she doesn't seem to hace those freaky green eyes, so it is possible that she is PM, but she isn't one of the oldest Felicity's because they didn't have body tags, only clothing tags. she is really pretty though, hope you win her!
-
August 29th, 2005, 08:18 PM
#6
AngieGill
Guest
If she is a proto-type, then she would have documentation, would she not? I dont know anything about the proto-type AG's, so I am asking for help here on the way that the co was ran before Mattel came into focus. You gals know more than me, that's for sure! But rule of thumb in vintage Barbie's is that proto-types have documentation showing that they were presented to the marketing department with the date the item ws presented, the name of the item, the item number and other such informatin on a postcard type of tag attached to the item.
Her face makes me think she is PM witht her eyes and virtually no makeup / coloring along with her coloring of hair, but the lighting is bad in the pic.. still that tag bothers me.. is this seen a lot on old PM Lissies???? Or is is possible that maybe she had a body switch? Hmm....????? The one and only PM Lissie I have ever seen in person, mine, does not have a tag, so I am hopeing someone else will be able to clear that up for me, too, for my own future reference.
I would be cautious until those questions were answered.. the full length shot sure makes her look like a CM Mattel Lissie.. but the close up shot really makes me think she is a PM Lissie.. The seller has 100% feedback and that says alot of good about them.. maybe email her and ask for more pics of her face.. ask if she can take the pics outside in natural light.
You can always get brave and just take a chance at that price.. you might end up with quite a treasure!
I think that the only thing I did was confuse you, hu? LOLOL!!!
-
August 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
#7
Inactive Member
I wanted to say something about that tag, too. My Felicity has no body tag. I bought her new in January, 1993. Until I read about prototypes on this Board, I assumed that all the early AGs (before Josefina) had no body tags. Now I'm not so sure. I would go by the hair color and whether you're in love with the doll or not.
-
August 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
#8
Inactive Member
My Felicity, I believe, is PM. She came via Ebay exactly 3 years ago so I can't be absolutely positive of her age. She has pretty red hair, though not carrot red. Lissie's eye lashes are very soft and reddish brown. Her soft body is very cuddly but no body tag. The reason I think she was from the earlier production is that along with this doll came her maroon box, the band, a Meet Felicity book with four girls pictured on the back cover, book is dated 1991 with only the first 3 Felicity books released. The little Felicity brochure is copyright 1991. There's also a slip regarding materials used for packaging with a copyright date 1992. Didn't mean to ramble, but thought this may help some of you looking for PM Felicity dolls.
-
August 29th, 2005, 09:12 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Huh. My Felicity is a prototype, and she has no body tag.
But I'm no expert, so I don't know...
-
August 29th, 2005, 09:35 PM
#10
Inactive Member
We have 2 PM Felicity dolls - one is mine, one is DD's. I purchased both from board members and do not know the original year of purchase. One has a 1986 body tag, the other does not. Both have clothing dated 1993. There are comparison pics of the 2 in my album:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2131967099
It is my understanding that some of the first run of the 1991 Felicity dolls came with the 1986 body tag. I don't know if that means they had been made prior to 1991 and were just sitting there waiting for release or what. But I have seen others on ebay with the 1986 body tag and have no reason to believe they weren't released with them - I don't think any body swapping has been going on. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks